The The Railway Recruitment Board ( RRB ) conducts the Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) exam. to recruit for Indian Railways. You will find here regular updates on RRB ALP Job Alert.
RRB ALP : Join Free Coaching
RRB ALP Eligibility
- The candidate must be a citizen of India,
- In case of migration to India from certain countries like Zambia, Taiwan etc, candidates must have relevant migration document confirming the Indian Citizenship approved by the Government of India.
The age limit for the RRB ALP Eligibility is as follows:
- Minimum Age- 18 years
- Maximum Age- 30 years
There is certain age relaxation for candidates which can be understood in detail from the RRB ALP Eligibility section the official Notification.
The basic educational requirement for the RRB ALP post is given below :
- Candidates should have passed matriculation and completed course Act Apprenticeship Industrial Training Institute approved by NCVT or SCVT in the respective trade .
- Those who have a diploma in Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Automobile Engineering recognized by the AICTE are also eligible for the exam.
RRB ALP Cut-offs
|RRB ALP- Cutoffs
Points to remember :
- The above-given numbers are the minimum percentage marks need to qualify RRB ALP Stage I 2018-19 exam.
- Based on RRB ALP cut off marks, candidates will be shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process.
- The Computer Based Test is qualifying in nature, which means the marks secured in ALP CBT 1 will not be counted while preparing the final merit list.
RRB ALP Exam: A Guide to Getting a Job in Indian Railways
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) ALP exam is a competitive exam conducted by the Indian Railways to recruit candidates for the posts of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician.
Responsibilities: ALPs are responsible for assisting the Loco Pilot in driving and operating trains, while Technicians are responsible for the maintenance and repair of trains and railway equipment.
The RRB ALP exam is held in two stages:
- CBT 1 (Computer Based Test)
- CBT 2
CBT 1 is a common exam for all candidates, while CBT 2 is trade-specific for Technician candidates.
CBT 1 is a 75-minute exam with 100 questions. The syllabus includes:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Mathematics
- General Science
- Current Affairs
CBT 2 is a 90-minute exam with 150 questions. The syllabus includes trade-specific questions related to:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
RRB ALP Selection Process
Candidates who qualify in both CBT 1 and CBT 2 will be selected for the final round of selection, which is a medical examination.
Salary and Allowances
The ALPs and Technicians in the Indian Railways get good salary, and security of job. In addition to their salary, ALPs and Technicians also receive a number of allowances, such as:
- House rent allowance
- Travel allowance
- Dearness allowance
How to Prepare for the RRB ALP Exam?
The best way to prepare for the RRB ALP exam is to have a good understanding of the syllabus and to practice solving previous year’s question papers. You can also take online courses to ensure your success.
The RRB ALP exam is a competitive exam, but it is definitely possible to crack it with hard work and dedication. By following the tips above, candidates can increase their chances of success in the exam and get a job in the Indian Railways.