Bank Clerk Grade is among the most coveted exams for those who want to make a career in banking sector. It is conducted by SBI and IBPS every year. You will find here complete Bank PO Syllabus for the upcoming exams.
Bank Clerk Syllabus : Join Free Coaching
(Free Mock Tests, Study Material, and Video Tutorials)
IBPS / SBI Clerk Eligibility & Syllabus 2024
You should fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for the IBPS/SBI Bank Clerk Examination :
The Age Must be Between 20 to 28 Years.
There are 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years age relaxation for OBC category.
For Ex-Servicemen and Disabled Ex-Servicemen, the Actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years ( 8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years .
The candidate must have a Graduation Degree from any stream from a government recognized university . Only the valid mark sheet is considered.
Besides, proficiency in official language of the state and operational knowledge of computer are the prerequisites.
Nationality / Citizenship
Besides the above criteria, a candidate must also not hold any criminal record while applying for the examination.
Bank Clerk Examinations Details
IBPS and SBI are the major recruiters for bank clerks . The examination pattern is similar for all the banks.
The examination is conducted in two phases : Preliminary and Mains.
You have to clear both the phases to be finally recruited, on the basis of Merit List, as a bank clerk. There is no interview.
Bank Clerk Syllabus
The first phase Preliminary Examination is divided into three sections :
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
Bank Clerk Preliminary Examination Pattern
The second and final phase is Mains Examination . It is divided into four sections :
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
- General / Financial Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
The examination pattern is given below :
What is a Bank Clerk’s Salary ?
A Bank clerk enjoy a handsome salary after the implementation of 7th pay commission . The Basic Pay of Bank Clerk is ₹ 11,765 /- and Gross Salary ₹19,589.87 /-.
Besides , a bank clerk is also entitled for additional allowances . However, allowances vary from bank to bank . Salary is also a bit higher for those who work in Metropolitan cities like Mumbai as compared to rural areas .
Bank Clerks’ Recruitment
IBPS and SBI are the two major recruiters of bank clerks . The selection is made through competitive examination conducted by IBPS and SBI .
There are many major banks recruiting large number of staff every year .
List of Major Banks Conducting Examinations for Recruitment of Staff :
- IBPS Clerks
- IBPS PO / MT CRP
- IBPS Examination for Specialist Officers
- IBPS Examination for RRB Officers Scale II & III
- IBPS Examination for RRB ( Office Assistants )
- IBPS RRB ( Officer Scale I )
- IBPS for RRB (Officer Scale I and Office Assistants )
- SBI Junior Associates ( Clerical Cadre )
- Srikakulam DCCB Bank Clerks / Staff Assistants Posts
- IDBI Bank
- Nainital Bank Clerk
- South Indian Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Federal Bank Clerk
- KarurVyas Bank Clerk
- Bank of Maharashtra
- APCO Bank Staff Assistant
- NABARD Officers in Grade ‘A’ and Grade ‘B’
- LIC Apprentice Development Officers
- Rajasthan Cooperative Bank Clerk Examination
- HARCO ( The Haryana State Co-Operative Apex Bank Ltd.) Clerk Examination
- How to Make a Career in Banking Sector ?
- How to Prepare for Bank PO
- IBPS / SBI PO Syllabus
- How to Prepare for Bank Clerk ?