The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection ( IBPS ) conducts IBPS Probationary Officers Examination every year for all the member PSBs as well as a few public sector insurance companies . IBPS provides recruitment and training services to a common standard for public sector banks (PSB) . IBPS PO is the most popular exam. conducted by IBPS. The institute renamed the Bank PO exam as the Common Written Examination (CWE PO/MT) in 2021 . You will find here regularly updated IBPS PO Job Alert.
IBPS PO Job Alert : Join Free Coaching
(Free Mock Tests, Study Material, and Video Tutorials)
IBPS PO Notification 2024
Candidates looking forward to the IBPS PO 2024 recruitment should expect it to begin by August 2024. The IBPS PO notification gives an idea about the recent update , if any , with respect to the Probationary Officer exam. >> You should keep referring to the official website of IBPS (www.ibps.in) for proper vacancy details and important dates .
Online Application & Fee
The application process for IBPS PO is completely online. Candidates can register for the exam. from the official website.
The following fees have to be paid by the aspirants for completing their IBPS PO exam online application:
|IBPS PO online application Category
|IBPS PO Online Application Fees
( or as per advertisement)
|Rs. 100 ( or as per advertisement)
IBPS PO Cut-Off
|IBPS PO Prelims Cut Off 2023-24
Bank PO Examination Pattern
The bank PO examination is divided into three phases :
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
The First Phase Preliminary Examination is divided into three sections :
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
The Preliminary Examination is of Objective Type and is conducted Online.
The Details of the Preliminary Examination Pattern is given below:
Bank PO Prelims Detailed Syllabus
Note :The Candidates have to qualify in each of the above three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by the IBPS .
Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS , depending upon requirements , are shortlisted for Online Main Examination .
Bank PO Mains Examination Pattern
The Main Examination is of Objective & Descriptive type . It is conducted online . The details of Main Exam. pattern is given below :
Bank Po Main Exam Marks & Duration
IBPS reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its website.
Other detailed information regarding the examination is given in an Information Handout to the candidates .
They can download it along with the call letters from the authorized IBPS website www.ibps.in .
IBPS PO Exam Center
You may note that :
- The examination is conducted online in venues across many centers in India.
- The tentative list of Examination centers for the IBPS Online Preliminary examination and those for IBPS Main examination is given in the official notification.
- No request for change of center for Examination is entertained.
- IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centers and/ or add some other Centers, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any center other than the one he/she has opted for.
- The candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her owns risk and expenses and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Any unruly behavior / misbehavior in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from this exam and also from future exams conducted by IBPS.
This pattern may differ for different Bank PO Examinations . The candidates are advised to properly check , on the official website of the concerned bank/organization , the eligibility criteria , syllabus and selection process before applying for the post .
Focus On Time – Saving Methods
By viewing the above bank PO examination pattern you would have noticed that there is a fixed time allotted to complete each section in the preliminary as well as the main examinations .
For example, in the main examination you get :
- 35 minutes for General English ( 40 Questions )
- 45 Minutes for Quantitative Test ( 50 Questions )
- 45 Minutes for Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude ( 50 Questions )
- 35 Minutes for General / Financial Awareness ( 50 Questions )
- Now you can well imagine that for solving 50 questions of Quantitative Aptitude you get only 45 minutes .
- Similarly, to solve 50 Questions of Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude you get only 45 Minutes .
Clearly, if you try to solve the Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability questions by traditional long methods then you may not be able even to attempt all the questions regardless of the fact that if given more time you could easily solve good number of questions correctly .
Hence , it is imperative that you solve the questions using more and more Short- Cut or Time – Saving Methods.
There are some online coaching institutes which focus more and more on teaching through Short –Cut or Time – Saving Methods .
Hence, it is advisable that before choosing an online institute, you must esquire whether they give stress on Time – Saving Methods of not .