Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts exams to recruit Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPFs and Assistant Sub-Inspectors in CISF. You will find here SSC Sub-Inspector Syllabus. You can also join free coaching to ensure your success in the forthcoming SSC Sub-Inspector examination.
SSC Sub-Inspector : Join Free Coaching
(Free Mock Tests, Study Material, and Video Tutorials)
SSC Sub-Inspector Syllabus for your success
Indicative syllabus for Computer Based Mode Examination to ensure your success in 2024 examination:
Paper -I for SSC Sub-Inspector Exam:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of verbal and non- verbal type. This component may include questions on:
- Analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making
- Visual memory, discrimination, observation
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification
- Arithmetic number series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning etc.
The main topics of SSC Sub-Inspector Exam. are:
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Figural Classification
- Semantic Series
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Coding & de-coding
- Numerical Operations
- Symbolic Operations
- Trends, Space Orientation
- Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Figural Pattern- folding and completion
- Indexing Address matching
- Date & city matching Classification of center codes/roll numbers
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification
- Embedded Figures, Critical thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics if any.
2. General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to:
- Economic Scene
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research etc.
C. Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle , Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart. D. English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
Paper -II for SSC Sub-Inspector Exam:
English Language & Comprehension: Questions in this component will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on:
- Error recognition
- Filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc.)
- Sentence Structure
- Synonyms, Antonyms
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words
- Comprehension etc.
NOTE – I: The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different minimum qualifying standards in each part of Paper I taking into consideration among others, category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates. Only those candidates, who have scored above the cut off marks fixed by the Commission in Paper I would be required to appear in the Physical Endurance Test/Medical examination.
NOTE- II: Only those candidates, qualified in PET/PST and found medically fit will be allowed to appear in Paper-II.
Essential Downloads: SSC CAPFs Exams
Scheme of Examination of CAPFs
Syllabus- CAPFS and DP
- IBPS / SBI PO Syllabus
- IBPS / SBI Clerk Syllabus
- SSC CGLE Syllabus
- SSC JE Syllabu
- SSC Stenographers Syllabus