Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts exams to recruit Stenographers. You will find here SSC Stenographers Syllabus for the forthcoming exam. You can also join free coaching to ensure your success in the forthcoming SSC Stenographers examination.
SSC Stenographers : Join Free Coaching
(Free Mock Tests, Study Material, and Video Tutorials)
Indicative Syllabus for Computer Based Mode Examination
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of verbal and non- verbal type. The test will include questions on:
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making
- Visual memory, discriminating observation
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Non-verbal series etc.
The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to:
- India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability /cerebral palsy affected candidates and opting for scribe there will be no component of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning / General Awareness Paper.
English Language & Comprehension
In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its:
- Sentence structure
- Synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc.
This section would also test his/her writing ability.
Skill test in Stenography
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. Commission may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of Examination.
The skill test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the skill test for different categories of candidates.
The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on compute. The transcription time is as follows:
Stenographer Grade ‘D’
50 minutes (English) and 65 minutes (Hindi)
Stenographer Grade ‘C’
40 minutes (English)and55 Minutes (Hindi).
Essential Downloads: SSC Steno Exams
Scheme of examination of Steno