You will find here regularly updated IBPS RRB Job Alert. IBPS (The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) conducts the IBPS RRB Exam to recruit officers and Office Assistants for the various Regional Rural Banks (RRB) across the country.
IBPS RRB Job Alert : Join Free Coaching 2024
(Free Mock Tests, Study Material, and Video Tutorials)
The recruitment is done at two levels:
- Group A Officers : Scale-I(Assistant Manager), Scale-II(Manager), Scale-III(Senior Manager)
- Group B Office Assistants: Multipurpose Office Assistants
>> You should keep referring to the official website of IBPS (www.ibps.in) for proper vacancy details and important dates .
In rural and semi-urban areas, regular banks may not be able to provide a full range of service. This is where Regional Rural Banks step in to fill in the void.
IBPS RRB Notification
You can visit the official IBPS website (https://www.ibps.in/) to register for the latest exam. notifications.
IBPS RRB Participating Organizations
The list of participating Gramin Banks is given as under :
|Regional Rural Banks|
|Allahabad UP Gramin Bank |
|Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank |
|Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank |
|Mizoram Rural Bank |
|Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank |
|Assam Gramin Vikash Bank |
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank |
|Nagaland Rural Bank |
|Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank |
|Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin |
|Baroda UP Gramin Bank |
|Narmada Jhabua Gramin Bank |
|Bihar Gramin Bank |
|Central Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank |
|Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank |
|Odisha Gramya Bank |
|Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank |
|Dena Gujarat Gramin Bank |
|Ellaquai Dehati Bank |
(Jammu & Kashmir)
|Pallavan Grama Bank |
|Gramin Bank of Aryavart |
|Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank |
|J & K Grameen Bank |
(Jammu & Kashmir)
|Pandyan Grama Bank |
|Jharkhand Gramin Bank |
|Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank |
|KashiGomtiSamyut Gramin Bank
|Paschim Banga Gramin Bank
|Kaveri Grameena Bank |
|Kerala Gramin Bank
|Langpi Dehangi Rural Bank
|Pragathi Krishna Gramin Bank
|Madhya Bihar Gramin Bank
|Madhyanchal Gramin Bank
|Maharashtra Gramin Bank
|Malwa Gramin Bank
|Manipur Rural Bank
|Meghalaya Rural Bank
|Puduvai Bharthiar Grama Bank
|Punjab Gramin Bank
|Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank
|Saptagiri Grameena Bank
|Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank
|Sarva UP Gramin Bank
|Saurashtra Gramin Bank
|Sutlej Gramin Bank
|Telangana Grameena Bank
|Tripura Gramin Bank
|UtkalGrameen Bank (Odisha)||Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank
|Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank (Bihar)||Uttarakhand Gramin Bank
|Vananchal Gramin Bank
|Vidharbha Konkan Gramin Bank
For candidates who are willing to apply for the upcoming bank exams can visit the linked article.
IBPS RRB Eligibility
There are three main criteria for the IBPS RRB Exam. :
- Nationality / Citizenship: Candidates must be nationals of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- Age: Candidates must be between the age group of 18 years to 40 years.
- Education and Experience: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and for certain posts, the relevant experience as prescribed by the IBPS.
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
The IBPS RRB Exam Pattern consists of the following three steps :
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Interview Phase
- Note : The interview phase in not applicable to those candidates who are applying for the post of Office Assistant. It is applicable only for the posts of Officers Scale – I, II & III.
IBPS RRB Syllabus
The Syllabus may vary depending on the specialization of Officers Scale – II. The major topics covered in the Prelims are as follows :
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
The entire paper consists of 80 marks, which needs to be completed in a time span of 45 minutes.
The IBPS RRB Mains Syllabus is as follows:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- English / Hindi Language
- Financial Knowledge
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
The mains exam constitutes a total of 200 marks for which the duration is of about 120 minutes .
IBPS RRB Apply Online
You must visit the official IBPS website ( www.ibps.in ) to fill the application form.
The steps for IBPS RRB registration is as follows :
- Step 1 – Visit the official IBPS website
- Step 2 – Register using your mobile number and email id
- Step 3 – Login using your registration id, which will be generated after you register with your mobile number and email id
- Step 4 – Fill all the basic details like name, address, etc.
- Step 5 – Upload necessary documents like photographs, signature.
- Step 6 – Before clicking on the ‘submit’ button, review the application form to make sure that all the data entered are correct and free of any errors.
- Step 7 – Select your mode of payment for the payment of the application fee and fill in the details. The registration process will be completed.
IBPS RRB Admit Card
At least one week before the exam. Candidates are advised to visit the official website to download their admit cards.
Steps to download IBPS RRB Admit Card
- Visit the IBPS website (www.ibps.in).
- Enter your login credentials. You can choose to enter it in either English or Hindi.
- Enter the Registration Number that you have received at the time of application.
- You will then be redirected to a page where you should click on the option – “Download Call Letter”
- Enter your date of birth in the format prescribed or your password as received by you at the time of application
- Once submitted, your IBPS RRB card will be displayed on the screen. Make sure to download your Call Letter well in advance to avoid any technical glitches
- You can download your IBPS RRB Admit Card and take a printout. Try to keep a few more copies for future use.
IBPS RRB Clerk
Also known as Office Assistant the post serves as a helping hand to the various functions of an RRB. This is the starting point of a candidate’s future career in banking.
The roles and responsibilities of an IBPS RRB Clerk are as follows:
- Handling receipts: Receiving and acknowledging cash, drafts, pay orders and other instruments.
- Handling withdrawal: Passing and paying out cash payment of withdrawals for drafts, cheques etc.
- Handling emails and delivery: Acknowledging inward emails, preparing outward emails and managing the delivery of cheque books.
Normally , the probationary period of an IBPS RRB Clerk is of 6 months to 1 year. During this time period candidates will get knowledge of various functions of the bank .
IBPS RRB PO
RRB PO ( Probationary Officer) is also known as Officer Scale I, II & III respectively.
The main roles and responsibilities of the IBPS RRB PO are as follows:
- Regular Banking Activities: The RRB PO has to perform all the activities that a commercial bank officer performs on a daily basis. The officer will be involved in handling the books of the banks, helping with customer queries, manage cash book etc.
- Granting Loans: The main duty of the RRB PO is to ensure that the credit facility is available in rural areas. The RRB PO grants specialised loans like the agriculture loan to farmers after evaluating their papers and documents.
- Maintaining Credit Profile: Along with the distribution of loan the PO has to keep a watch on the very same loans as most of them might turn into NPA or Non-Performing Assets if not monitored properly. Thus it is the duty of the RRB PO to regularly monitor the capacity of the borrower to pay back the loan.
- Recovery of the Loan: In case a borrower has failed to repay the loan, it falls on the RRB PO to recover it. One of the methods in recovering an unrepaid loan is by mortgaging the property of the borrower.
- Implementation of Schemes: The RRB PO is in charge of implementing the various schemes devised by the Government of India. These schemes are designed for the upliftment of rural areas and thus it is the responsibility of the RRB PO to implement them in the areas under his/her administration .
- How To Prepare For Bank Clerk Examination?
- How To Prepare For SSC CGLE ?
- NRA CET Updates For Govt Jobs